Emotional & Lifestyle Counseling Plays an Important Role in Treating Addiction
Addiction always damages and severs important relationships in life. A person suffering from addiction to drugs or alcohol often disconnects from family, friends, nature, themselves, and their belief in a higher power. The absence of loving connected relationships leads to loneliness, which often leads back to drugs and alcohol.
In order to achieve lifelong sobriety, a person recovering from addiction must re-connect with family, friends, and themselves. As our clients begin to experience feelings of wellness, we introduce emotional and lifestyle counseling as well as support networks for them and their families. These drug and alcohol counseling classes are supportive, non-confrontational and taught by our clinical staff. The drug and alcohol counseling teaches you how to:
- Manage stress without drugs or alcohol
- Rebuild a sense of self-worth
- Apply positive problem solving and decision making skills
- Restore relationships with family and loved ones
- Transition into a new substance-free lifestyle
- Re-connecting relationships through drug and alcohol counseling
Re-connecting and re-creating loving relationships takes time
With InnerBalance’s combination therapy, we equip clients with the tools to stay sober in the short-term and re-build their relationships, creating the foundation for lifelong sobriety.