25 MUST Ask Questions When Researching Addiction Treatment Centers
1. Does the treatment center offer Biochemical Restoration and how do they define Biochemical Restoration?
At InnerBalance Health Center, we strive to analyze a patient’s biochemistry to gain a better understanding of the physiological effects of addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. As a component of our holistic addiction treatment process, we understand that their are certain biochemical imbalances that can make a person more prone to the addictive cycle. By restoring chemical balance, a person is much more capable of overcoming their addiction. InnerBalance Health Center offers and is one of the foremost leaders in treating addictions using biochemical restoration. We believe that biochemical imbalances can be pre-existing, or can come as a result of repeated drug and alcohol use over time. Learn more specifics about our holistic treatment here.
2. How does the treatment center plan to eliminate depression, anxiety, sleep problems, mood swings, and racing mind?
At InnerBalance we realize the need to find the root cause of these issues. For example, a racing mind can come from too much histamine in the brain, a condition caused Histadelia. When we find this condition through lab testing, we use the safe amino acids and vitamins that will lower histamine levels. Depression can come from under-functioning neurotransmitters, like serotonin. Through urine testing, we check the serotonin receptors by looking at the Tryptophan levels, and then treat with the appropriate amino acids. Please call us for a more thorough description on how we can deal with underlying symptoms. These examples just scratch the surface of our biochemical restoration approach which is integral to our holistic treatment philosophy.
3. How many different medical labs will they receive and ask if they would fax you a copy of the labs they do? Do they provide an explanation of each lab test?
The labs performed at InnerBalance include:
- Vitamin D
- DHEA Sulfate
- An Optimal Nutrition Evaluation
- Adrenal Function
- Whole Blood Elements
- MTHFR 1298/677 Gene
- Glucose Tolerance 4 Hours with insulin levels
Each medical lab conducted contributes to restoring your body’s biochemical imbalance that causes cravings. Please contact us for a full explanation on the necessity of these labs and why they are integral to long term recovery.
4. How involved and available is the Doctor with client care and needs?
Clients see the doctor once when they arrive and once when they graduate from the InnerBalance Treatment Program. Patients also have access to the doctor weekly if needed. Our doctors take full responsibility for all medical decisions with our clients, including the use of safe vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and medical prescriptions if needed for stabilization.
5. How many individual, one-on-one counseling sessions will the client receive each week?
Clients work with 7 different counselors and receive a minimum of 28 individual one-on-one counseling sessions.
6. How long has the treatment team been working together and what is their experience?
We have been treating addiction for several decades with our core treatment team that has been together since 1998. Learn more about our experienced staff members here.
7. Are the counselors Masters Level and licensed?
All staff members are Masters Level or above, or certified or licensed in their area of expertise. Learn more about the InnerBalance Team here.
8. What is the primary mode of treatment?
Our primary mode of treatment utilizes a holistic approach that treats the addicts mind, body, spirit and environment. We incorporate the physical and medical causes of addiction that many other treatment programs ignore. Learn more about our approach, here.
9. Is the program Holistic in nature and what does that mean?
Yes, the InnerBalance program is holistic in nature which means treating the damage done by addictions to the mind, body, spirit, and environment. Our program is comprehensive and medically proven as it a cornerstone of our treatment methodology with a proven track record of success since 1998.
10. Is the treatment plan customized to the client’s individual needs and goals? Does the client participate in creating their treatment plan?
The InnerBalance Treatment Plan is customized to the individual client’s needs. We know that every individual is unique, including physical, biochemical, lifestyle & genetic differences. Because there is no single program that can work for every individuals we work we to understand these differences, and then applying what works for each specific individual. Each patient works with their Primary Counselor to determine goals they need to meet and how to accomplish them during treatment.
11. Does the treatment center prescribe addictive medications such as benzodiazepines or opiates?
No, InnerBalance does not prescribe those types of medications, unless needed for temporary stabilization for withdrawal symptoms. We focus on identifying the root causes of cravings, repairing your body’s biochemical imbalances and teaching you the lifelong skills necessary to stay sober.
12. Does the treatment program offer an exercise program that the client participates in?
The InnerBalance Treatment Program includes a mandatory weekly gym time. We encourage our clients to try the different gym facilities, including weights, pool activities, classes, etc. InnerBalance provides a high quality full service gym facility to their patients.
13. What type of outings are available to the treatment patient?
Dr. Allen Brandon takes InnerBalance patients on two nature/spiritual outings to help them explore and re-establish spiritual connections that may be lost during addiction.
14. Are special meals served to patients? (For example; no sugar, low carbohydrates, healthy, natural, or organic)
Research has show that the vast majority of the addicted population have been eating an unhealthy diet that perpetuates depression, anxiety, mood swings, and difficulty sleeping among other symptoms. For example, 80% of our alcoholic clients have been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, which causes over 40 significant symptoms. Adopting a healthy diet is essential in healing addiction. The InnerBalance program provides a hypoglycemic diet which focuses on natural and/or organic foods, including higher consumption of protein and healthy carbohydrates (such as brown rice, quinoa and complex grains) and the elimination of sugar and caffeine.
15. How will you teach clients about the importance of nutrition?
At InnerBalance Health Center, clients meet with counselors throughout the program to discuss their nutritional needs, and the long term dietary changes critical to permanent sobriety. We also show each client how specific diet impacts their biochemical imbalances. Each client learns the importance of nutrition and how it affects their ability to cope with cravings and addiction. We train clients how to achieve a healthy nutritional lifestyle well beyond the duration of our program.
16. Does the patient continue to receive counseling following the initial treatment phase? Is there is an additional cost? How long do they receive additional counseling?
InnerBalance counselors work with clients for 11 additional hours over the next 11 months. These sessions enable patients to keep in contact with their life coach and/or the nutritionist via phone or in person at no additional charge. In addition, we offer a weekly aftercare group for graduated clients that can be attended for life.
17. How often does the team meet to discuss the client’s clinical and medical progress?
The InnerBalance Clinical Team meets weekly to discuss the progress of each client. The medical staff also meets once a week to discuss the progress of each client.
18. Is the staff available 24/7?
Yes, at InnerBalance Health Center clients have access to a staff member 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
19. Is the treatment center licensed by the state?
Yes, InnerBalance is licensed by the State of Colorado.
20. Will clients have access to their cell phones and laptops?
Yes clients can access cell phones and laptops throughout the day at InnerBalance as long as they are not interfering with treatment. However, electronics are turned in at bed time so clients can adopt healthy sleep patterns.
21. Does the treatment center provide the client with a complete breakdown of cost for treatment in order for equal comparisons to be made with other treatment center costs?
Yes, InnerBalance provides clients and loved ones the complete cost and breakdown of of the treatment program prior to coming to treatment. There are no hidden additional charges for things like medical labs, food, lodging, supplements and outings. At InnerBalance Health Center, all costs are specified up front. To see what is included, please review our program overview. We can also help you navigate the complexity of health insurance and determine your eligibility prior to treatment. Find more financing information, including insurance verification information, here.
22. Will the treatment center provide the client with legitimate names and phone numbers of past clients to talk with regarding their treatment experience with the center?
Yes., InnerBalance is proud to have many raving testimonials from past clients and is happy to provide references upon request. In addition, we have a stellar rating with the Better Business Bureau and numerous reviews on Google.
23. Can the treatment center provide legitimate testimonials from past clients?
InnerBalance routinely asks clients to provide us with objective post-treatment testimonials. In addition, we have over 500 client testimonials with names that can be provided upon request and a variety of testimonials from past clients that can be found online.
24. Can the treatment center provide current pictures of their accommodations?
InnerBalance provides a 5-star bed and breakfast as part of the cost of the residential treatment program. You can view the accommodations slideshow here.
25. Does the treatment center accept insurance?
InnerBalance Health center currently accepts most major health plans and can help you determine your coverage eligibility. We DO NOT accept Medicare or most HMO plans. However, financing is available learn more here. We are happy to work with you and your insurance provider, start with insurance verification here.