Website : non-personal data
Our website tracks data that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this include visits, site visit duration, and pages visited. We use this session and cookie information to improve our site and overall user experience. Our goal is to create an engaging and relevant experience to site visitors. We never share this data with third parties.
Website : General Contact Form
Our website contains a contact form for visitors to contact us. This form asks for a name, email and message. When a visitor submits the form, the website sends an email to our office manager to respond. We only use this information for communicating back and forth with the visitor. Our website is SSL encrypted to secure data transmission. We never share, sell or rent this contact info to anyone.
Website : Other Forms
Prospective clients as well as registered clients complete a variety of forms including insurance verification, assessment forms and family program forms. These forms contain personally identifiable information as well as sensitive medical information. We utilize a HIPAA compliant form provider called Formsite to capture, encrypt and store this information in a HIPAA compliant manner. Both our site and Formsite utilize SSL encryption. In addition to SSL encryption, we use 2-factor authentication for access controls and no shared usage. The information sent to us is necessary for treatment and is never shared with others without written permission from the client. (i.e. client wishes for us to share their medical records with another doctor or counselor).
We maintain contact with our clients as well as those that sign up for email communication. We use MailChimp as our email service provider and offer a clear and immediate method to opt-out of all email marketing messages. We use email to occasionally notify people about promotions, news, treatment advances, etc. We know the hassle of email clutter and limit email messages to 1-2 per month. Again, a single click unsubscribe link is included in each email sent.
HIPAA – Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communication
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Include you in a hospital directory
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Raise funds
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
• Treat you
• Run our organization
• Bill for your services
• Help with public health and safety issues
• Do research
• Comply with the law
• Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
• Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
• Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
• Respond to lawsuits and legal actions